Examination office

Contact and Office Hours

Visitor: Schellingstrasse 4, 80799 München
Post: Geschwister-Scholl-Platz 1, 80539 München
Please bring your student id / photo id if you call on us.

Head of Examination Office
PD Dr. Martin Kerscher
Raum H 423, Schellingstr.4, D-80799 München
Office Hours: Tuesday 10:00 - 11:00
If you have any questions, please contact me via email or telephone.

Master Degree Programs and General Examination Matters
Marion Fulgieri
Room H 416, Schellingstr.4, D-80799 München
Office Hours: Monday - Thursday 09:00 - 10:30 and Tuesday 13:30 - 15:00

Transcripts for master physics, astrophysics and meteorology

  • Registration of your master thesis
  • Recognition and credit transfer
  • Petitions to the examination committee (incl. sick leave)

Issuing office for certificates and "Scheine"
Room H 416, Schellingstr.4, D-80799 München

Monday 16:00 - 18:00 (no advice)
Thursday 16:00 - 18:00 (no advice)

General Formalities

General Formalities


Formalities for Bachelor Students (only in German)

Recognition and Credit transfer

For EMail communication please use your LMU EMail address (e.g. ...@campus.mu.de or ...@physik.uni-muenchen.de) and please include your matrikel number.

Request for an acknowledgement and credit transfer
Courses which are equivalent with regards to coverage and content can be recognized and credits can be transferred. Please complete the form
request for a credit transfers (PDF, 149 KB)
and submit it together with a transcript or certificate of the course to the examination office Mrs Fulgieri. We accept originals, certified copies or online verifiable documents (scans or copies are not sufficient). The request is processed by the examination office, and in case by the examination committee. This may take up to four weeks.

Submission of the request for a credit transfer
You may hand in the form above with the certificates during the consultations hours.
If you send us the request for a credit transfer please us the following form (PDF, 106 KB), to send us the above form togethjer with a copy of your photo ID, and the original documents, or certified copies, or online verifiable documents (scans/copies are not sufficient).

For further information see

  • Only graded courses can be recognized as graded courses. Grade conversion is based on the so called „Bavarian formula“ (linear conversion).
  • If you are planing to attend a course from another university, another degree program or faculty, please clarify with the study counseling beforehand whether this course can be recognized. As an outgoing exchange student you typically conclude a learning agreement, see the following pages.
  • Please make sure that you obtain signed and stamped certificates (Scheine) or transcripts for your seminars, lab courses and elective courses. Only with these certificates courses can be recognized from other faculties or universities.

What are you looking for?