General questions about teaching at the Faculty of Physics (i.e. questions that do not concern individual courses) should be directed to email@example.com. If you have questions about a specific course, please contact the corresponding lecturer.
Information on past Semesters: In summer semester 2020, in winter semester 2020/2021 and in summer semester 2021 teaching at the Faculty of Physics was based on online formats. Some Lab courses were held person to person. Most of the exams were conducted online.
Winter semester 2021/2022
The mandatory guidelines for infection control (Rahmenhygienekonzept Universitäten - available in German only) are in effect. Please note the Information on Study and Teaching of LMU and the LMU concept for infection control (available in German only) derived from this.
The following framework can be outlined for teaching at the Faculty of Physics in the winter semester 2021/2022:
- We assume that courses offered by the Faculty of Physics in the winter semester 2021/2022 will again take place to a considerable extent in classroom teaching, whereby masks will generally also be compulsory when seated. (Some) courses may also be offered online.The lecturers make the decision about the teaching format and will inform the students in advance.
- For participation in classroom lectures, the corresponding LMU regulations apply with regard to compulsory masks, 3G etc. For courses offered in classroom format, the faculty does not have to provide an additional digital teaching offer. For students who do not meet the 3G requirements, the faculty does not have to provide digital substitute offers (see Information on Study and Teaching of LMU).
- For the courses of the Faculty of Physics, registration via LSF is required. For most courses, the registration period begins on 1.10.2021 and lasts until 21.10.2021. Further information can be found under the respective courses in LSF.
Please note that due to the dynamic infection process, changes may still occur up to the start of lectures on 18 October. We therefore ask you to keep yourself informed about the current developments on this page.
Lecture time: 18.10.2021 unitl 11.02.2021.
Where can you find information about the courses?
- The first examinations of the mandatory courses are expected to take place between 14.02.2022 and 25.02.2022.
- The repeat examinations of the mandatory courses are expected to take place between 14.03.2022 and 31.03.2022.
The concrete dates and information on how to register for exams will be announced in advance.
Welcome and Information Events
Invited are all students who start a Master's Degree program in Physics, Meteorolgy or Astrophysics for the 2021/2022 winter semester. We provide general information on the program‘s structure and examination matters.
When? Thursday, 14 October 2021, 13:30 CET
Where? Zoom video-conference
About one week before the event, all prospective Master's degree students will receive an invitation by e-mail with the access data for the Zoom video-conference.
Information for beginners
For a first overview, please read the flyer Immatrikulation/Einschreibung (only available in German).
Bachelor and Teaching degree programs
The Bachelor and Teaching degree programs are taught in German. Information on erollment can be found on the German website.
Master degree programs
Please read the information on the page Applying to a master's program at the Faculty of Physics.
All information about the graduation ceremony in 2021 can be found here.